Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I had a GREAT mother's day - cute cards made by my cute kids, yummy breakfast made by my yummy husband and the prettiest 3 heart necklace - one heart for each! I also got to choose what we would spend the day doing and with a not so subtle suggestion from Olivia, we went hiking.

The kids are swinging on a vine in the San Felasco Hammock Preserve - one of our favorite places to hike. We then headed down to La Chua trail in Paynes Prairie, a famous place to get upclose and personal with gators. There is a sign when you enter that says "This is not a theme park. These alligators are wild and dangerous."

But my favorite sign is....

You have to be on your toes there - gators are everywhere! This is a gator hanging out by the water control structure and one in the water.














Other interesting animals... an "electric" caterpillar and a skink.

No comments: