Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Day with Dad (Papa, actually)

The kids have created a play area in the woods behind their fort that reminds me of when I was growing up and my friends and I or Kevin and I would play "in the trees" in our yard all day long. For the most part, they just like to decorate it. And other than the logs they are using for chairs and tables, most of it is toys just scattered about. To me it looks like junk in the woods but to them each place has it's own place and use. Even the umbrella hanging in the tree... I guess.

There is a small pine tree there that they decided looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree so on a day off of school with Don, they chose to decorate it.

First, they took a hike to collect the decorations...Next came the decorating - mostly leaves and pine cones that Don hole punched and threaded.The end result. Hard to notice in these photos but they adorned it with fall leaves and pine cones. They are holding Snoopy and Spike (one of Snoopy's brothers) - my old stuffed animals - to represent the Peanuts gang.

No comments: