Thursday, June 26, 2008

HaPpY BirThDaY DoN!

Don joined me in the last year of our thirties on June 20. He had been in the Keys for a week so he returned to a party celebration set up by the kids.
Note: Olivia does not have a black eye - if you click on the photo you will see my red-eye fixing feature went haywire and gave her one... or else Grant got tired of being bossed around.

Olivia and Danielle had been practicing dances and cheers all week to do for Don on his birthday so we were treated to a show (again, bringing back those 30-something year old memories of my own childhood shows created with family and friends... my fave being the Christmas drama where we used a plastic Charlie Brown doll for Baby Jesus). Anyway, enjoy the show:
As you can see, Grant was not a cooperative team member so he was booted from the troupe and put on his own airplane show.
Maybe my favorite part of the clip below is Danielle's vest. She played the "boy" in this number and came out with my Campfire Girl vest from when I was probably the age she is now. I couldn't stop laughing at it.
(I might be having technical issues, if so, stay tuned.)

1 comment:

Dave Price said...

Thank you for letting me in on the family! Tell Olivia I miss her and I'm proud of all she's done! Can you believe how quickly this all goes by?? In looking at your posts, you probably give the most descriptive, clever captions and posts of anyone I've seen...good job! I remember picking blueberries once we moved here, too. Olivia vs. the diving board doesn't surprise me...between her moments of hesitation, she's a go-getter. I'm so glad (proud?) to see the kids from VPK still hanging out. They'll be making new friends every single year, but its good to have some old stand-by friends as well. Thanks again, I'll check in from time to time. Give Olivia my love and I'm happy to see the family doing so well.